After a hectic week of negotiations, closings, new listings and property showings, I managed to sneak in a few hours yesterday for a round of golf at The Biltmore. The Biltmore is my favorite course in Coral Gables and to me, it perfectly captures the essence and beauty of the city.
Here are a few things you may not know about The Biltmore Hotel:
- Built in 1926 by John McEntee Bowman and George Merrick
- It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1996
- The hotel served as a hospital during WWII and as a campus of University of Miami’s Medical School until 1968
- Some believe the hotel to be haunted by the spirit of Thomas Walsh
- In its heyday, The Biltmore hosted the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, Ginger Rogers, Judy Garland, Bing Crosby, Al Capone along with many Roosevelts and Vanderbilts.
As far as real estate goes, homes that surround The Biltmore Hotel tend to garner higher values due to their proximity to this Coral Gables landmark. For example, I frequently write about “The Golden Triangle” which is located to the east of The Biltmore. It is a very desirable location in Coral Gables and we tend to see properties here sell faster and for higher price/sq. ft. numbers than similar homes in nearby neighborhoods. Also, whenever The Biltmore is visible from a home it is considered a bonus and something that Realtors certainly highlight in their presentation of the property.
If you are a buyer or seller and are looking for a Realtor who specializes in Coral Gables, please contact us directly at 305-342-1623 or send us a message here.
The Coral Gables Real Estate Vault is the most comprehensive source for real estate information in Coral Gables. Read the latest news, statistics and opinions on our market or browse the latest listings in our Coral Gables Gated Communities, Waterfront Homes, Land For Sale, Foreclosures, Short Sales and more.
Don’t Miss Today’s News From Our Other Real Estate Blogs: